Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #1

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new topic is given and this weeks topic is:

Top Ten: Best Books Read in 2013

This is incredibly difficult. There have been so many good ones. I am going to list them in no particular order because I love them all so much. 



The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
I just finished reading this and absolutely loved it. It's really hard to believe this is a debut novel. I won't say much because I will be reviewing it on Thursday.



Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
I read this whole trilogy this year and loved it. I have read all of Clare's books and this series is definitely my favorite. Of the trilogy this final book is my favorite. I loved both males in the love triangle so much I wasn't sure it could be ended without breaking my heart, but Clare managed to create a happy ending for everyone involved. 



Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
I recently reviewed this book and gave it a rating of six stars out of five. I said it once and I'll say it again; this book is everything you could ask for in a YA contemporary novel. 



Succubus Revealed by Richelle Mead
I spent the first part of this year reading every book Richelle Mead has written. Needless to say I am a big fan of hers and would be hard pressed to pick a favorite series of hers. I chose this book because it was such a good, satisfying ending to a solid series. I enjoyed the whole series, but this book pulled the whole story together. 



Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Once again I read this entire trilogy this year. I really enjoyed the series as a whole, but this second book really stood out to me as the best of the three. I think Oliver really came into her stride with this one. 



Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
I also recently reviewed this book. This book will be a lifelong favorite of mine and stand as a turning point in my reading life. This book helped me fall in love with contemporary fiction again. I will be forever thankful to this book for expanding my literary horizons. 



Divergent by Veronica Roth
Somehow I managed to just read this book this year. This book stands out to me as one of the better dystopians I've read and it introduced me to one of my all time favorite fictional characters; Tobias/Four. I have such a crush on him. It's probably not quite healthy. 



The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
This book had so much hype surrounding it I was a little scared to read it, assuming it couldn't possibly live up to it. I did read it though and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a bit predictable in my opinion, but the characters and writing sucked me in and kept me enthralled. 



Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler
This is another instance where I read the entire series this year. Next week I will be posting a review and giveaway of Breath (the final book in this series released this past April). I really loved all four of these books, but this first one was definitely my favorite. Kessler's writing is so beautiful and captivating. She brings YA writing to a whole other level. This book, specifically, was so beautifully heartbreaking. It will forever be in my list of all time favorite books. 



The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
I absolutely love the Bloodlines series (maybe even a little more than the original Vampire Academy series). In this third entry in the series all of us Sydrian fans finally got what we were waiting for. The plot was engrossing and interesting, but even if it hadn't been this book still would have been in my top ten because of my love of Sydrian and, specifically, Adrian. It would  have been worth reading simply to see Adrian finally find happiness. 


That does it for my top ten. I want to hear about your favorite books. Please let me know what books have blown you away so far this year. 


And by the way I realize I used the term 'this book' about a million times throughout this post and I apologize. It was simply unavoidable. :-)










No comments:

Post a Comment