Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #6

 
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

This Week's Top Ten is: Most Memorable Secondary Characters

I chose my top ten in no particular order. 

Georgina Kincaid Series by Richelle Mead
I really enjoyed this books, but I wish there had been more about the angel, Carter. He was a grunge angel with a love of alcohol and a demon best friend. He's so cool and unique. I wish he had his very own book series. 

Bloodlines Series by Richelle Mead
I love Adrian and Sydney, but Angeline also stands out to me as an unforgettable character. She's a young guardian who grew up in the woods with little to no contact with any sort of civilization. She is thrust into a private boarding school environment and it's hilarious reading about her crazy hijinks that seem completely normal to her. She's another character that could totally have her own series. 

The Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris
I included just the first book in the picture because I couldn't find one of all of the books, but Pam is in all of them. I cannot get enough of Pam. She's a badass, human-hating (except Sookie of course) vampire who dresses like a suburban housewife! That alone is enough to make me love her, but she's also saucy, unflinchingly honest, and she loves fiercely. 

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
It's been a long time since I've read these books. I really need to re-read them because I have forgotten a lot, but one thing I do remember is how much I loved Finnick. If I remember correctly he's a touch arrogant, really good looking, a little bit of a jerk, but when it comes down to it he's a good guy with a big heart. 
 
The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
I loved all of the characters in this book, but I have a soft spot for Drew. He talks like and pretends to be a pervert, but he's also funny and a good, caring friend. He had a subplot of his own, but I'd love to read more about him. 
 
Dare You To by Katie McGarry
Isaiah is in both 'Pushing the Limits' and 'Dare You To', but I really started to love and feel for him in 'Dare You To'. He's the ultimate bad boy with a heart of gold. He's tattooed and tough, but he's also kind and loving. I can't wait to read his story in 'Crash Into You' in a couple of months!

The Covenant Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I love all of the Covenant books, but Caleb was only in 'Half-Blood' and 'Pure'. He is the perfect sidekick to Alex. He's loyal and honorable to a fault. And no matter what everyone else thought about Alex he always had her back. I also just remembered he had a tiny cameo in 'Deity' too. 
 
Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke
I loved all of the characters in this book, but I had an odd fondness for Violet's twin brother, Luke. He's a douchebag, but he's also secretly a good guy. He's fond and protective of Violet even though he doesn't always show it. 
 
The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
I love Ron. He's funny. He's brave. He deserves more credit than he receives. He stood by Harry from the very beginning and did it with grace. He also brought a more realistic point of view to a lot of the crazy situations our favorite wizards found themselves in. 
 
The Infernal Devices Trilogy by Cassandra Clare
I love a lot of the characters in these books, but one that really stands out to me is Charlotte Fairchild. She manages to be both a strong, tough woman, while also having a softer side and playing mother to the various misfits living under her at the London Institute. She's such a good representation of what I strive to be as a woman, and she manages to do so in Victorian London. 

 

4 comments:

  1. I really need to read The Infernal Devices series. I have heard that it is even better than the MI series, which I really enjoyed.

    I considered adding Ron to my list and Finnick was definitely memorable.

    Here is my TTT: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2013/08/top-ten-tuesday-most-memorable.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always loved Ron, though I didn't include him on my list. I did go with two other HP characters though!

    HOWEVER, I have Finnick on my list. He was just fantastic in many different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isaiah is a great pick! I can't believe I forgot to add Charlotte to my list. I had Magnus and Henry, but Charlotte is another fabulous character. Great list! http://wp.me/pzUn5-1EL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list!Isaiah is an amazing character.And Drew from The Sea of Tranquility made my list too.He's just amazing!I didn't include Ron though.Another HP character made my list!

    Elena @ Book Lady's Reviews

    ReplyDelete